It’s ok, everyone starts somewhere! You can learn about our proven process in our process section
The cost of a website can vary depending on various factors, just like the cost of a house may vary. Though our website projects generally start in the $5,000 range for basic business sites and range upward depending on your unique needs.
The time it takes to produce a website depends on the size and complexity of your site and the quality of content that you have ready to go. A basic website typically takes around 4 weeks from beginning to end.
Yes, we can help you get this set up or we can work with your existing provider (with a few exceptions). We are not a web hosting company. The hosting providers we will refuse to host your site on are the following:
- Host Gator
- All EIG owned hosting companies
However, should you still decide to use our services, we will recommend and help you migrate to much better hosts with comparable pricing plans.
Yes it will. All the websites we design work on all devices. Depending on your requirements we can design and develop your site using responsive design so that the site is optimized for mobile devices.
A Content Management System is a tool that allows you to maintain the pages of your website yourself, without the need for any technical skills. A CMS allows you to edit and add pages, images, products or blog entries to your website. No additional software is required – all you need is a web browser and an internet connection.
Yes, we provide all our clients with training on maintaining their website.
We sure can. As part of your project we can include social media and email marketing services.
Search Engine Optimization is all about getting your website higher up in the search results on search engines such as Google. The higher up the results you are the more traffic (and customers) you’re likely to get.
There are many aspects that go into achieving good SEO, and one of the most important is the copy (words) on your website. Focus on well written, keyword rich and appropriate content is the key.
We don’t directly write your content, however if you need help with this we can put you in contact with a copywriter who specializes in writing for the web.
We focus on what we’re good at – designing, building, securing and maintaining websites, however if you need someone to creating your logo for you we have relationships with several graphic designers who specialize in logos and branding.
A domain name is your address on the internet. Typically this would be something like yourcompany.com
Web hosting is a service that allows your website to be viewed on the Internet. It’s basically a computer housed in a data centre that runs your website and email.
First, let’s breakdown the myth of all WordPress sites being easy to hack. WordPress is no more secure or easier to hack than any other CMS on the market right now. You tend to hear about it more, because WordPress sites compose up to ~58.8% of all CMS sites on the web. Other CMS software is a smaller percentage of the web, so you are naturally going to hear about them being hacked a lot less. Hackers tend to go after what the largest market is, because if they invest their time into hacking software that has the largest market share, there are more opportunities to compromise an insecure site. It is a pure numbers game to them.
This is a similar problem PC users have versus Apple users when it comes to viruses. More PC users, mean it is more advantageous for a hacker to learn how to take over a PC, than it is to take over and Apple computer. That being said, plenty of people use PCs in their businesses and in order to keep their computers safe, they update their software regularly and have virus and malware scanning software, as well as a firewall that monitors, prevents and cleans up intrusions. With a hardened WordPress site, regular maintenance, a firewall, as well as a security plugin that monitors, prevents and cleans malware and viruses, you can operate similarly on the web. Now, breaches happen even in the best of cases, but if you are doing all that you are supposed to and have a Security Plan in place; it will be a rare occurrence, cost less, and take less time to get your business back and working in optimal condition again.
Lastly, WordPress is one of the most user friendly as well as one of the most supported open source Content Management Systems available. WordPress has a rather large and active community of users and developers that constantly strive to improve the WordPress Core. In addition, because there is such a large and active community, if you have a problem, chances are that someone else had it as well and wrote about it or can answer your question in the various forums.
A Cybersecurity Expert who specializes in WordPress sites can relieve you of the following pain points, some which extend far past the Security aspect of your site.
- We intimately know what every Security setting on your Security Plugin does, so you won’t have to figure out what they mean or if you should use it.
- We know what settings could potentially break your site and can help you steer clear of them.
- We make it our job to find all of the potential ways to log into your site and gain access, so that we can help you lock down all but one way in.
- If your Security Plugin fails, you won’t have to panic, because you will have a Recovery Plan in place that gets you back online in minutes not weeks.
- We can save you hours of searching Google for ways to get back into your site, if you happen to get locked out of it.
- If WordPress throws a php error code and a white screen, we can get your site back online in minutes and you won’t have to search smarmy forums and try to apply advice from outdated websites.
- A Cybersecurity Expert will evaluate your plugins and themes for vulnerabilities and mitigate them on a regular basis. This means they find the security gaps in your website and fill them before they become a problem.
- Your Cybersecurity Expert will steer you towards more secure hosting. Gone are the days of hoping that your host keeps their virus software and firewall updated. Your Expert will know how secure your hosting is and recommend if you need something better.
- SSL installation will be pain free on your part, because you won’t have to do it and you won’t have to spend the time with your hosting provider’s support chat to get it set up.
- Your Cybersecurity Expert will know how to fix any mixed content warnings after a SSL Certificate is installed and will just fix them. This means less of your time is spent searching google, your WordPress database and theme files.
- We know why you need SSL installed and that SSL is not the end all be all of Security for your site, it will just be one aspect of the complete Security Solution.